- Moritz Hahn
How should nowadays Recruitment at Universities work?
WHAT ARE TODAY'S CHALLENGES FOR STUDENTS AND COMPANIES?
In my perception:
- the nability of graduate students to identify suitable job roles and careers paths post tertiary education
- and the extremely competitive environment where large corporations are constantly competing for talented graduates while small and medium sized enterprises are looking to increase awareness of opportunities available to graduates
WHAT MIGHT BE A GOOD SOLUTION?
I think an online graduate recruitment portal, connected directly to the university, presenting an effective way of bringing together companies and students:
- the platform should offer personality and skill tests to students in order to find their most suitable job (in terms of work hours, traveling?, company culture, values, kind of intellectual work etc)
- grade records of students can be directly transfered to their platforms profile --> companies can directly see their grades and spot the talents very quickly (Privacy Settings have to be enabled accordingly)
- companies and students can approach each other --> so you can build an employee-employer relationship from early on
- companies can offer jobs, internships, workshops, scholarships directly to students --> So, companies can secure potential employees and students benefit from these offers in term of work experience, possible financial benefits etc.
What do you think of these ideas?
What's the biggest problem at the moment for students looking for a job? And what might be good solution to it?