This conversation is closed.
A suggestive solution to solve electric power crisis
The demand for electric power increases each second and there is an alarming and mounting power crisis throughout the globe. Governments and people are doing their best of efforts to solve the existing crisis. There are several counter measures being planned (such as generating power through diesel generators, solar, wind, and other green initiatives). Well, these are effective methods for sure. However, they may incur huge costs and consume more time for actual implementation. Something needs to done extraordinarily with immediate effect! And…what could be that?!
Let us be the positive change we want to witness! We (as home consumers of power) should also extend our helping hands to overcome the power crisis.
It is a known fact that we consume more power when using air conditioners, computers, and televisions. Do we really require them to be switched ON always? Shall we pledge to think twice before using an electrical device?
Do you know?! In a given day, if one person does not use air conditioners, computers, and television for an hour, he or she can bring the following positive impact in the lives of needy people:
- Reduce several hours of power cut in houses of a poor village.
- Run tens of lights or fans in an area that has no access to electricity.
- Support hundreds of enthusiastic students whose studies are impacted due to the power cut.
- Help a poor farmer to manage electricity expenses for running a water pump.
- Assist small-scale and cottage industries to sustain their existence through uninterrupted power supply.
Though provoking, isn't? If awareness of one individual can bring such meaningful difference, think about the change when millions of people co-operate. Let us be the positive change we want to witness, my dear friends.