- Michelle Rosenthal
- Brooklyn, NY
- United States
social worker, Dr Susan Smith McKinney Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
This conversation is closed.
How TED can spread great ideas even faster and even further?
TED is great. We all can see that but there are many ways to make TED even greater. I have many ideas on how TED can spread ideas quicker. What do you think about these ideas and what ideas do you have for TED to spread great ideas even quicker? Humanity is in desperate need to solve our problems quickly and TED can play an even greater part.
1) TED may seek to get part of their Live TED, TEDGlobal and TED MED conferences to be aired on the major TV networks or cable.
2) Ted can show entire TED Conferences Live as it occurs and allow millions and millions of more people around the world to pay an affordable price of approximately $20.00 to see the live event or the full video at a later date. The current price of $995 for 1 up to 10 viewers is too high. (TED will make much more money with the increased volume of viewers than they are currently with high price and less viewers.) Allow purchase or viewing of entire past TEDs.
3) The full TED Conferences should be free in its entirely for universities, schools and hospital facilities and nonprofit community organizations to show.
4) TEDxLiveSimulcast should be available for all the days of the TED conferences not just one day.
5) TED can establish a network TV show or cable TV Show for one hour per day or 2 hours per week where speakers may give original talks to educate the TV audience.
6) TED can try to get their TED events simulcasted in movie theaters throughout the world where people can purchase a ticket to see a 2 hour segment for the price of seeing a movie. If the person wants to stay to see more than one segment they can just purchase more tickets. Many theaters are multiplexes and can reserve one theater to show the entire TED Conference.
7) Many of the translation and captions are not correct and should be double-checked and corrected.
8) TEDxIndividual could be added where an individual may apply for a licence to use the TEDxIndividual Logo to give their own ted talk from home.