- Robert Winner
- Joseph City, AZ
- United States
This conversation is closed.
After Sandy: Rebuild or retreat?
Hurricane Sandy is expected to be the most expensive storms in history by media reports.
So here are some points to guide the debate:
1) Congress is set to debate a 60 billion dollar relief package.
2) The area being rebuilt is in a flood plain
3) The area has been rebuild many times
4) Where does insurance come into play VS federal intervention.
5) If you know your in a flood pain and still build .... who is responsible for the loss .... shoud you be eligable for federal relief funds.
We have seen relief and federal funds abused. As an example the former mayor of New Orleans Ray Negin was just indicted by a grand jury on correution charges. New Orleans 5th district is still boarded up and billions in all kind of aide are still unaccounted for.
So when do we the people say we do not want to keep throwning money at recurring problems.
This is not about being mean to people it is about building something that you know will be destroyed and then asking the government to refund you for your loss.