- Lukasz Wojtusiak
NHL University of Applied Sciences
This conversation is closed.
Universities as hubs for local business innovation
Incubators/ accelerator Universities
Schools have tremendous knowledge and capable students and teachers that are willing to help on real life problems that start-ups and companies face. Is it possible to connect the companies or ideas with a school to form a long term integral solution for the company, institute and students?
In my current opinion i am slightly biased since i am working on this project from a university perspective, and am not sure if a more global expansion is relevant for other regions, institutes and students. There for i wanted to hear thought on the concept from the great TED crowd.
For students it should offer:
- Better assignments
- Better internships
- Better knowledge
- Better research questions.
- Better guidance.
- Better job market potential.
For teachers it would offer:
- Better research projects for their own curriculum and knowledge in the institute.
- More involvement with Live companies instead of theories.
- Better commitment to the projects and groups.
For the institute it would offer:
- Integral long term relations with local industries.
- Better Quality of education for students
- More internal development of knowledge
- Ability to specialize towards the market demands
For the company:
- A Innovative partner in business development
- A one stop shop for research, interns and creative dialogue over multiple disciplines.
- A long term relation with a single peer instead of many.