- Karen Wang
This conversation is closed.
Do you agree that happiness is relative?
(with happiness defined as the overall satisfaction of life vs. contentment)
1. happiness results from comparison
2. standards of comparison adjusts
3. standards of comparison are arbitrary constructs
1. happiness does not depend on real quality of life
2. changes in living conditions to the good or the bad have only a short-lived effect on happiness
3. people are happier after hard times
4. people are typically neutral about their life
AGREE OR DISAGREE?