- Derek van Tilburg
International Business student, University of Sydney
A CSR-reporting Platform
1 platform where companies can communicate their CSR-initiatives and goals to the public in an easy-to-understand and interactive manner!
I suggest a solution where the platform would be powered by a professional services firm to make it objective, scientific and therefore credible:
The companies that go into CSR-consulting with the professional services firm could get rewarded for doing so by;
- Giving them a 'label' they can market to consumers (Similar to the Carbon Trust Label),
- Furthermore they get an attractive outlet for 'showing off' their CSR initiatives to a larger public, while still maintaining some control over content.
* CSR reporting is growing rapidly, but is mostly limited towards shareholders.
* Businesses also promote their CSR on their website, but this might not always be very objective.
* There is a growing awareness among consumers with regards to the environmental influences of the companies they buy from.
I would be very interested in seeing the CSR of e.g. Google, Apple, Coca-Cola and other big firms I'm interested in video and text on 1 objective platform, while being able to share this info via Facebook and give my own feedback and suggestions.
-But is this just me or is there a serious market for this?
- AND are the companies willing to give up 100% control over this information in order to bring it under the attention of more consumers?