- Varis Lux
This conversation is closed.
Positive thinking about Global Warming
In every day life we usually look at the positive as well as the negative of everything. Why are we not doing this about Global Warming? I can think of obvious positives.
For the Earth's Frigid and Temperate Zones:
1.Halving of energy consumption for N.America, Europe, Russia, and thus less pollution. Think about difference between summer and winter heating bills. Imagine it was summer all year!
2. Longer summers, less severe winters. Increased commerce, tourism, agriculture during the winter months.
3. Mitigation of cold weather diseases. We know that when winter comes, people suffer greatly die from a host of "cold diseases" such as influenza and pneumonia.
4. Shipping lanes open all year across oceans that freeze shut. When we are rid of the polar ice cap, we can send ships directly from USA to Europe over the top. Massive savings in fuel and time.
5. Permafrost areas of tundra will become forest and farmland. Forest areas have more biodiversity than tundra.
6. No cold wave deaths, eg 590 people died this year in Europe.
Positives in the Arid Areas:
1. Tropical zones will expand with tropical seasons and increased rainfall. Areas such as the Mediterranean will become tropical and biodiversity will increase.
2. Rainfall patterns will change and arid areas become fertile, as we have seen in central Australia.
3. Wars will decrease as arid areas become tropical.
4. More clouds as more water vapour is evaporated due to warmer atmosphere. This means that skin cancer will decrease, and heat exhaustion from working in the sun. This will help industry and agriculture.
1. Population relocation from old cities to new cities with new infrastructure, as most old cities are in low-lying coastal areas.
2. Population relocation from temperate to frigid zones.
3. Oceans will be less salty.
4. Glaciers will melt, and free up area for biodiversity.
5. Increased CO2 will provide more food for plants.